Thursday, December 11, 2008

Long-awaited updates and pictures!

Colton William (left) and Jackson Alfred (right) arrived on Saturday, November 8, 2008. They were born at 3:58 and 3:59, although we are not telling which little guy came out first. Some things must simply be left as a secret! Jackson weighed in at 6 pounds, 7 ounces and measured just under 20 inches long, and Colton weighed in at 6 pounds, 1 ounce and measured just over 20 inches long. Most importantly, both boys were healthy!!



















Their middle names come from their great-grandfathers. Alfred (Al) Nybo is David's grandfather, who celebrated his 97th birthday on November 8, the day the boys were born. William (Bill) Berg is my grandfather, who is 98 years young. Both grandfathers have had a significant impact on our lives and we are thrilled that our boys have already been able to meet these wonderful men!

After several days of recovering and getting to know one another in the hospital, we came home and began settling in here at home. It has been quite an adventure and a very steep learning curve, but one we would not trade for the world. Our boys are charming and beautiful, if we dare say so ourselves, and we are enjoying them tremendously!! I might note, however, that sleep is in short supply and we look forward to the day when sleep comes in chunks of more than 2 or 3 hours. :)

I am working on figuring out this whole blogging thing and am hoping to post a slideshow of our little guys, but I am not good with technology in general, so it may be a few more days for that. In the meantime, I'll give you a sneak preview with just a few more pictures. Enjoy!!


3 comments:

Oehmke Family said...

Wow, you got that right-Long awaited! I've felt like a stalker looking for pictures. Very happy to see the pictures. Enjoy your time with the boys. Hugs, Kat

Bob said...

I can't tell you how happy this post makes me! Beautiful boys! So glad to hear you're enjoying it all, in spite of the sleep deprivation. Having two little miracles makes everything bearable, doesn't it?

I LOVE the picture where they're nose to nose! So very sweet.

Unknown said...

My husband and I live in Thermopolis, WY and have had the privilege of meeting Al - my husband works on his car while he is here. I'm an internet freak and thought it would be neat to see if his family was on here and found this site! My husband, Ray, knows him pretty well and really enjoys his company and stories. May he have many more happy birthdays!

Ray & Holly Holthaus, Thermopolis, WY
hollyray@tctwest.net